Bonnie Mercer - Mystic Decade (2007 - 2017)
Album out December 13, 2018
soundcloud.com/psychichysteria (preview stream)
Melbourne, Australia based guitarist Bonnie Mercer is set to release Mystic Decade 2007 - 2017: a retrospective of solo recordings due out on Psychic Hysteria December 13, 2018.
In these pieces (many of which have previously appeared on compilations in Australia & North America), Bonnie explores the worlds of unrestrained feedback and hypnotically evolving sonic guitar experiments. Her sound is instantly recognisable - warm, loud and earth shattering; simultaneously subtle and compelling, beautiful and powerful.
A captivating solo performer, Bonnie has also played in a long list of both Australian and international bands, and has toured and collaborated with many more across a long and successful career spanning more than two decades.
Mystic Decade is out Thursday December 13 and launches that night at Long Play in Fitzroy North.
1.Untitled #1 - The Affirmation Series Vol.1 – Isolated Now Waves, HerJazz Noise Collective, 2007
2. 9th March 2008 - Spleencoffin Presents: Ladyz in Noyz - Spleencoffin, 2008
3. Untitled #2 - Guitarelay - Neumusak, 2009
4. 44 - Ladyz in Noyz Australia – Volume 1 – Corpus Callosum Distro, 2011
5. Blau - The Shape of Sound – Volume 2 – Iceage Productions, 2011
6. How to Break Up with a Water Sign - Tropscore, 2012
7. Bad Acid / Bad Job / Bad Amp - Split with Admin Bldg – Neumusak, 2012
8. Bad Astrology - Sixes and Twelves – New Weird Australia, 2013
9. 7th July 2013 - Splenic Injuries: 10 Year Anniversary Compilation – Spleencoffin, 2013
10. Eat Guitars - Previously Unreleased, 2017
Mastered by Dav Byrne at Iridium Audio
All music performed & recorded by Bonnie Mercer in Narre Warren & St Kilda over the years 2007 - 2017
Soundcloud Private Stream/Download:
Track 1. Untitled #1
Track 2. 9th March 2008
Track 3. Untitled #2
Track 4. 44
Track 5. Blau
Track 1. How To Break Up With A Water Sign
Track 2. Bad Acid, Bad Job, Bad Amp
Track 3. Bad Astrology
Track 4. 7th July 2013
Track 5. Eat Guitars